An occasionally crafty, supposed grown up, plant killing, dachshund wrangler living in the pacific northwest
Subscribe to this blog
Follow by Email
Progress update on 'Hope'
I would love to say Hope is complete, finished and I'm half way through the next sheep in the Sheep Virtues Series from LHN but alas, I am not. A lot of other things demanded my attention this week, but such is life.
If I manage to sit still this evening I should be able to finish up the last few things on this, at the moment nothing else is planned but as is the case here lately, that can and often does change.
First a finish, the first design 'My House' I'm still debating adding something on either side of my last name, it seems a bit thin there with so few letters. This has been sitting near done for quite a while, my life has been crazy the past 6 months with changes to my life I never expected, so my attention has been elsewhere. I looked at the photo last night to share and realized I had missed the leaves on the ends of the vine so I got that finished up to call this one done.
Now that things have calmed down I also have a good amount of progress on the Main street Train Station. At the moment there is a glaring error in color choice on the roof of the station but I can't make up my mind if I dislike it enough to frog it. It isn't unrealistic to have 2 different materials or colors on the building so I may end up leaving it, I'll decide when I get more done and see how it looks with the whole design.
I'm sensing a trend though. Missed 2 sets of branches o…
I made a few changes but I can finally call this one finished. This was a piece I started with my old EGA chapter in Michigan in 1999 when the design was released and now I just need to find hardware to hang it as a bellpull on the wall.
The bottom hardanger section was intended to have more decoration between the bars but I decided to leave them as they are. Some of the designs included just were not coming out as well as I wanted so this has been sitting since early last year when I did the cutwork, with all the different stitches and colors in the bands, there is plenty going on with this one that I'm ok with leaving the bottom a little more simple than was originally intended.
Also, the new moon is time for the Totally Useless Stitch along hosted by Daffycat where we share our ORT containers from the past month. This month I have a foldable jar that was stitched by my mom, it was an ANG chapter project. Not as photogenic but it's convenient when I'm taking projec…
WIPocalypse, hosted by Measie. Its the end of April, ok 2nd of May because I'm lazy, and amazingly I've made some progress on my oldest WIP, Twister. Its entirely possible that I might actually finish this one.
I'm on my last square with 7 sections left to stitch, then I just need to finish up the border and I can finally pull the tacks and block this one for framing. I usually don't block my work but Twister has had a hard life. I started this when it was published, so long ago I've forgotten. Its moved 3 times and suffered a lot of abuse that a canvas would have taken but congress cloth isn't quite as sturdy.
I've been asked before where to buy it, amazingly I found Ruth Kern Books shows it in stock from an additional printing they requested so its still possible to get your own copy of this gem. Honestly, for all the whining I've done it really has been a great piece to work on. All the different stitches and the textures they offer when stitched …