The Baroness Edie

I didn't have enough WIP's lurking around the house, I've started another.  This is one of the last 2 dodecagons of the 8 I purchased, I moved in the midst of the rollout and missed the last 4 in the confusion of a cross country move.



Spring pastels on green for this one is a bit like Czarina in color but happily a bit less layering until I get to the center.  Also, I'm happy to see this one does not include Flair. It makes a great look on the finished project, but oh it is a test to stitch with. 



My progress so far, contrasted with a plain brown wall and a broken popsicle stick to make it extra classy.  My stand has a ridge on the top and bottom to hold frames secure, it doesn't work so well on this type of frame. The ridge ends up distorting the canvas, so the popsicle stick wins as its soft enough that the pressure of the tacks so the frame doesn't slip while I'm tugging on threads.  I'm only on page 8 and had to switch off to something stitched in hand, my shoulder gets tired from working too long on a stand and I was enjoying this one so much that I worked on it most of the weekend. 


Comments